Hey everyone! It’s been a beautiful summer and we are all finally winding down for the year. Ice cream has come, gone, and come again.. fields are blowing.. leaves are falling.. Autumn is finally here!
We’d like to take this opportunity to ask you.. are you aware of the TONS of uses and benefits of Hydrosol? Hydrosol can be utilized in an unimaginable amount of ways, with practical uses as well as cosmetic!
But.. what IS Hydrosol?
When we extract the essential oils from our plants by steam distillation, some of the aromatic and healing principles within the plant are not captured during the process. These important components are absorbed by the steam which eventually condenses back into water, containing small quantities of essential oil plus many of the water-soluble constituents of the plant. Now, supercharged with more active principles than the essential oil, this ready-to-use product “Hydrosol”, offers a safe, aromatic, and convenient way to deliver a wide range of therapeutic benefits.
Because our Hydrosol is distilled from Lavender, this floral water takes on even more rewarding properties! As you may know, Lavender is a natural antiseptic, anti-inflammatory, and healing astringent! Therefore, the Hydrosol is not only a safe, convenient way to clean up but also very valuable for this reason!
What can I do with my Hydrosol?
A ton of things! Hydrosol can be used around the home, for cleaning, to cover odour, to treat sunburn, as a mist to cool you in the summertime, even to spray on your pet!
Hydrosol on the Skin
Lavender is great because although it doesn’t excel at the treatment of any single skin condition, it is very helpful to almost every skin type! This Hydrosol is a very gentle yet effective antibacterial, making it useful in treating acne and can help balance both oily and dry complexions.
Lavender Hydrosol can help your skin in many ways!
Hydrosol in the Home
Hydrosol can be used in a variety of ways around the home/at work/in your car! You can virtually spray this stuff ANYWHERE, and the effects will almost always be profitable! Hydrosol works effectively for cleaning counter tops, windows, glass tables, garbage cans, shower walls, tiles, cleaning your car dashboard, to freshen the room, and tons more! Experiment yourself to see the many benefits.
So.. get me started!
Here are just some of the many, many uses for Lavender Hydrosol!
- Facial Spray: Close your eyes and lightly mist your face
- Foot Spray: Mist the tops and bottoms of feet to help control foot odor and to refresh your feet. The antibacterial properties are especially helpful in minimizing foot odor.
- Linen Spray: Use hydrosols to freshen and fragrance sheets, towels and other linens.
- Aphrodisiac Room Mist
- Garment Freshening Spray: Lightly spray clothes (avoid sensitive and delicate fabrics) to impart a gentle aroma and to help eliminate unpleasant musty, smoky or other odors.
- Calming Spray: Mist your room, body and face.
- Meditation/Prayer Spray: Hydrosols can be used to help enhance meditation and prayer.
- Wound Sprays: Hydrosol can be used to help kill germs and promote the healing of minor wounds, cuts and abrasions.
- Monster Repellent: Calming hydrosols can be used to help calm and soothe babies and children.
- Men’s Aftershave: Hydrosols can be adapted for use as a men’s aftershave, especially if you add witch hazel!
- Anti-Inflammatory: Hydrosols are effective at relieving inflammation.
- Compresses: Hydrosols can be chilled or warmed and used in place of water for compresses
- Baby Wipe Moistening Solution: Handmade, natural baby wipes can be made using our Hydrosol due to its anti-inflammatory and calming properties.
- Finger Bowl: Hydrosol can be used in place of water within finger bowls.
If you haven’t already made Hydrosol a part of your daily routine.. what are you waiting for? You’ve got nothing to lose!